Depressive and Anxious energy lives in all of us. We are all born with a particular nervous system that leans towards one or the other. A healthy nervous system moves in and out of a sense of safety, in and out of being focused and motivated, and our energy rises and falls. This helps us do what we need to do to not only survive but to thrive. Life experiences can lead us to have an episode(s) of depression and anxiety that leaves us stuck in a depressed zone or anxious zone and yet there is a way to feel better.
Where do you see yourself?
What can cause depression and anxiety?
There is hope for a better life.
- It might mean developing curiosity about your nervous system- how it works, how your environment influences how you feel
- Maybe starting to believe you are not broken and there is a path to health.
- Neuroplasticity says that what we do more of becomes a habit.
- What is your natural set point in terms of happiness and energy?
- Where is the room for rewiring of our nervous system and when we must accept life as it is?
- When should I observe my thoughts like clouds floating in the sky and when should I challenge them?
- When should I reach out for help and when should I work on things on my own?
- What kind of resources can I learn to help myself feel better?
- How does mindfulness help with working through depression and anxiety.
- If I am anxious I can focus on my exhale to calm my nervous system. Taking a longer exhale than inhale.
- If I am depressed I can focus on the inhale of my breath. Stirring up energy that gets stuck.
- Working on sleep hygiene
- Incorporating parts of healthy mind platter into daily life
- Identify all the things I cannot control and the few things I can - usually my reaction to the internal and external world.
You do not have to do this alone. We are here to help you.
- Take a look at healthy mind platter and see what is missing from your daily life and what you can start including
- Be extra kind and gentle with yourself during this time while slowly pushing yourself to do things differently
- Check out some guided meditations
- Read about different approaches to treatment.
- Choose a therapist and see their availability in next two weeks